|Massage Meme - AU
||[15 Apr 2013|09:28pm]
"Is there anything I can get you while I'm up?" Quinn asked and then leaned over to kiss Tam's very pregnant belly. He got her in this condition and he would take care of her and pamper her.
|Island Meme (Alice)
||[29 Jan 2013|07:51pm]
Quinn needed to get out of England for a bit. One could only take so much rain and gray skies. Dreary didn't begin to describe England. So he grabbed Alice and they headed to the South Pacific. Life was much easier when you could teleport and make your own cash. Quinn got them rooms at a luxury resort and they were going to enjoy a week of relaxing in the sun.
||[04 Jan 2013|10:05pm]
Player (nickname, handle)/ LJ: Stacy
Email: you have it
AIM (if you have one): you have it
Character Name: Quinn Braddock
Character LJ (if applicable):
Physical description (face, build, weight): Blond. Blue eyes. 6’1” 180
PB: (If using one.) Ryan McPartlin
Abilities: Quinn is an apprentice to Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. He is learning to have mastery over the mystical arts. His primary magical patrons are a group of entities known as "the Vishanti." The Vishanti are a trinity of godly beings comprised of Agamotto, Hoggoth, and Oshtur.
Quinn, like Strange, gets his abilities from three primary sources.
Personal Powers: As a result of his mystic training, Quinn is capable of a great many abilities such as:
• Astral Projection
• Other Psychic Abilities
Universal Sources: By manipulating the ambient mystical energy of the universe, Quinn can perform a great many functions. Commonly this is seen as:
• Mystic Bolts
• Standard Shields
• Dimensional Travel
• Conjuring of objects
• Various other spells: He can also use this mystical energy to cast spells of a near infinite variety. These spells seem to be quicker to perform but lesser in power than spells using divine energy. Quinn has used his magics altogether to become intangible, invisible, fly, alter his clothing through minor moleculecular control, absorb nearly all forms of energy, control and manipulate elements, and more.
Divine Sources: Quinn can channel energy from countless mystical beings in countless dimensions to empower his spells. This can take the form of standard spells ("Crimson Bands of Cyttorak") or just stating what he wants to occur and channeling some being to make it happen. It is unknown at this time what debt, if any, he incurs by invoking the powers that be. There is no quid pro quo, though some entities will feel he is obliged to heed their call when they need help in their conflicts.
At this point Quinn is not strong enough to call upon Darkness of the Divine Conduit (Black Magic) and by sheer force of will "take" the power of another entity.
Although Quinn has had exposure to and has been taught to use the many mystical artifacts that are in Dr. Strange’s possession, he does not carry any of them around or possess any mystical artifacts.
Above average occultist
Extensive magical knowledge.
Quinn often conjures specific magical effects for specific purposes. Among them are:
• Bolts of Bedevilment/Balthakk (as an offensive weapon)
• A Conjurer's Cone (to transport an enemy away to another realm)
• The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (to bind someone)
• The Crystals of Cyndriarr (a mystical energy blast composed of yellow rectangular crystals, with the touch of "certain death")
• The Demons of Denak (summons what mainfests as numerous invisible claws, used for attack or to rip suitable objects apart)
• The Flames of the Faltine (as an offensive weapon)
• The Images of Ikonn (to create duplicate images of himself or others to confuse an enemy)
• The Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon (entraps the target in a freezing coating of ice)
• The Seven Rings of Raggadorr (Seven blue energy rings that surround him and deflect attacks)
• The Light of the All-Seeing Eye of Agamotto (to disperse an assailant's spell, to reveal the truth or to destroy an enemy's actual soul)
• The Shackles of Sheol (magenta bands which enwrap a being's legs and cross at the chest, used to trap and transport an opponent)
• The Shield of the Seraphim (as a protective barrier)
• The Vapors of Valtorr (as an obscuring fog)
• The Winds of Watoomb (as an offensive weapon or transportation)
• Chains of Krakkan (constricts an enemy in strong chains)
• The Mists of Morpheus (standard sleep spell)
• The Mists of Munnopor (summons a bluish gas which covers the face of the opponent and suffocates him)
• Seven Suns of Cinnibus (an energy blast that is as hot as seven suns)
• A Sorcerer's Sphere (a black-colored bubble that protects the Sorcerer inside, but absorbs all the mystical energy in the surrounding area. This absorbing-process normally takes one hour, but an adept sorcerer can make time go by faster so that it seems only minutes have elapsed)
Weaknesses and flaws: Can become over taxed and exhausted when using magic. Using magic usually gives him a slight headache and can become a migraine if he uses magic for prolonged periods.
Character location/Home: None
Alignment (villain, hero etc): Hero
Relatives (living/dead?): Brian Braddock (father) Meggan Braddock (mother) Betsy Braddock (Aunt)
Quinn Braddock was born to Brian and Meggan Braddock. His magical affinity manifested when he was around ten years old. At first he was able to generate simple illusions, but his powers greatly increased in a short time. Seeking help for his son, Brian approached Stephen Strange and inquired about his son being taught magic by Stephen.
Stephen took Quinn in as an apprentice and brought him to the Sanctum Sanctorum. Quinn’s apprenticeship and education began at this time. Stephen educated him in controlling the magical forces and after a year, Quinn was able to prevent most accidents. His mundane education was continued at the United Nations International School.
Quinn spent the summers with his parents and the rest of the year with Stephen in New York. His mundane education continued until he graduated high school. He graduated at the top of his class and despite getting scholarships to various universities; he opted not to go to college. His studies under Stephen continued and continue to this day.
He was pulled out of his reality and was on the Exiles team for awhile. Eventually he landed in the Next Gen Universe and opted to stay there for awhile. During his stay in the MNGU he ended up in England and with a new Excalibur team. He got close to his teammates and found a best friend in Casey Flynn. Excalibur had a few adventures together before they were pulled into helping save Asgard from Kang and his forces. The Timebroker stabilized realities in the DCNGU and MNGUs but also wiped the memories of all the inhabitants of each. Only the Exiles were allowed to retain their memories and Quinn was once again pulled back onto the Exiles team.
How do you plan to introduce the character to the game?: Quinn will get pulled from the Exiles by Mojo in a hope to reform his hit show “London Calling”, a reality based show on Excalibur.
What are you planning to do with this character? Reform Excalibur and go about the normal insanity.
What do you want to see happen with this character?: He has to deal with memories of what happened in the past with the new reality and rebuild relationships with people he knew before.
|Meme: Road Rage
||[13 Jun 2012|07:36pm]
Quinn was listening to what Casey was saying when a car swerved directly in front of them and Quinn had to slam on the brakes to keep from plowing into the other vehicle. Quinn slammed his hand down on the horn and the blaring noise let the other driver know just how unhappy Quinn was.
"YOU STUPID BLOKE!" Quinn yelled.
|Random Scenario Meme - Quinn and Casey - Scene 3 Prompt 3
||[22 Jan 2012|01:44pm]
Quinn opened his eyes and blinked a few times. His head felt strange and like most mornings he chalked it up to a night of hard drinking. He and Casey had both worked at their bar last night and met a pair of brunettes. The two had stayed after closing and Quinn and Casey were both happy to show them a good time.
It took five seconds for the thoughts of his teammates to flood into his mind.
Quinn jumped and unfortunately had been on the edge of the bed. He crashed to the floor and yelled.
| Random Scenario Meme - Quinn and Derek - Scene 4 Prompt 11
||[22 Jan 2012|01:37pm]
Quinn had been dropped off in a familiar dimension by the Timebroker. He said something about Quinn getting a two week break from being an Exile and would be dropped in a place he was familiar with. Quinn wasn't going to argue. He could use a break and could use two weeks to catch up on his beer intake.
He was dropped off in New York. Instead of going to visit anyone he knew, he headed for the closest place to get a beer.
||[12 Nov 2009|05:59am]
This year I want two things for myself.
Beer and women.
For my teammates I would like them all to be able to go home.